2018 SCHEDULE & FEES
There will be 3 two-week sessions. The 1 one-weeker is the only coed session.
- June 24 to June 30 coed, ages 8 to 12
- July 1 to July 14 all boys, ages 8 to 14
- July 15 to July 28 all girls, ages 8 to 14
July 29 to August 11 all girls, ages 8 to 14
The 2018 registration fee of $50 is due at the time of registration and it is not refundable or deductible from the camp fee of $495 per week. The camp fee is due by June 1, 2018.
Center Church Camp Asto Wamah completed its 108th season in 2017. We are proud to have served tens of thousands of children and youth over the years. If you are interested in exploring the possibility of having your child attend camp in 2018, we would be happy to assist you in making such an important decision. This website details a few of Asto Wamah’s many activities. I am also happy to communicate with parents so do not hesitate to email me through the Contact Camp page.
As many of you now know, we are moving into the future with online registration. Our reason for changing our process after 108 years is because we felt that online is the most comfortable for today’s busy parents. We are hoping you will find it an improvement over the old paper and pen method. Beginning on February 1st the online registration will be open.
Within the registration process you will complete the Health History that was formerly a separate form. You will also be directed to download the Exam Record that must be completed by the child’s physician and cannot be more than 2 years old. No child can be admitted to camp without this signed form.
If your child is bringing any type of medication to camp (either over-the-counter or prescription) the Authorization for the Administration of Medication will be required for EACH medication. NO medications brought to camp will be administered unless accompanied by the completed and signed form. ALL medical forms will need to be at camp upon your camper’s arrival.
Check-In is faster if forms are received as early as possible.
Plans are already underway for an exciting seven-weeks at Asto Wamah in 2018. Hope your child will be joining us!
With warm regards,
ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE
- Campers arrive between 1:00 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. on the starting Sunday of the session
- Please do not arrive earlier than 1:00 p.m.
- Departure is between 8:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. on the final Saturday
- Campers who are staying for consecutive sessions (for example session 3 and session 4) are asked to go home for the one night between sessions because there is often a need to make staff changes at that time. Two-week campers DO NOT go home for the middle weekend of the session.
WHAT TO BRING/WHAT NOT TO BRING
Everything you send to camp, from personal clothing to bedding and luggage, should be plainly marked with your child’s name. Please do not send valuable or fragile items, as there is no way of locking or securing them. Musical instruments brought to camp can be kept safely in the camp store. Any sports equipment brought to camp that requires supervised use will be kept for your child until it can be used during those supervised activities.
WHAT TO BRING
- Sleeping Bag
- One blanket
- One sheet and a pillow
- Sneakers or tie shoes
- Sturdy play clothes
- Long pants
- Sweatshirt or jacket
- Two bathing suits
- Sandals or flip-flops
- Warm pajamas
- Laundry bag
- Toilet articles
- Non-aerosol insect repellent
- Fishing gear
- Notebooks and pencil or pen
- Games and flashlight
- Girls attending Girl's Camp: One outfit consisting of green shorts and white blouse or tee shirt.
WHAT NOT TO BRING
- Food, candy, gum: please advise relatives NOT to send edibles.
- Money: all money is held at the Camp Store
- Medications: all must be kept with the nurse
- Hand-held electronic games such as DS, DSI
- Cell phones
- Electronic devices with downloaded videos
- Any device that can access the Internet
- Valuable or fragile items
It is very important that campers receive frequent letters from home. We will diligently try to make sure campers are writing home as well. We ask you NOT to send packages. If you find that your child has forgotten a pillow or some necessary clothing then a package is in order. However, packages that are strictly gifts, trinkets and non-necessities present a problem. Pack for camp carefully, trying to include everything needed.
Take I-84 east from Hartford to Exit 59, I-384 through Manchester to U.S. Rt. 6. Follow U.S. 6 for 8 miles bearing right on Rt. 87 (Jonathan Trumbull Highway). The Camp’s private road is at the top of the hill on the right. The entrance is marked by a sign. Asto Wamah is 22 miles east of Hartford.